This programmed track is meant to provide new ophthalmic assistants with vetted material delivered by experts in the field which promotes consistency and cross training across your eye care team. Basic principles are covered in each topic to help the new ophthalmic assistant review best practices.
Plus, the video Dilating Drops: Patient Safety and Liability Risks.
- Ocular Anatomy
- Basic Introduction to the Eye and Eye Disease
- History Signs and Symptoms
- First and Last Impressions: The Front Office Challenge
- Triage of the Ophthalmology Patient
- Medical Terminology 101
- Visual Acuity
- Telephone Screening: Liability Issues and Guidelines
- Basic Ophthalmic Pharmacology
- Human Microbiology
- Discuss the basics of ophthalmic assisting.
- Describe the underlying principle of ophthalmic assisting.
- Describe skills required to be a successful ophthalmic assistant.
Course Code: JCKT1001
Provided by: IJCAHPO
Format: Audio / Video
PURCHASING MULTIPLE COPIES?
1. Please DO NOT purchase multiple copies on one account as the exams cannot be transferred or reassigned.
2. Each user must purchase the exam using their own, unique IJCAHPO account. Create a new account.
3. Each IJCAHPO account MUST have a unique email address.