Registration is now Open.
Title: Practice Management Sub-Specialty Session Part 1
Start Date: Tuesday, December 7, 2021, 7:30 p.m., Central Time
End Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2021, 11:55 p.m., Central Time
Presenter: Laurie K. Brown, MBA, COMT, COE, CPC and Chris Dean, CMHP, NCP
Level of Course:Intermediate
Credit: 1 IJCAHPO Group A CE credit
The technician's understanding and leadership are critical in increasing practice productivity and profitability! This session will focus on practice management trends for a high-functioning practice. Topics discussed will include best practices for EHR, cyberscribing, chart documentation and the technician supervisor's tool kit.
Part 1 Description:
The Most Common Chart Documentation Mistakes: What Auditors Look for and How to Prevent Them
Laurie K. Brown, MBA, COMT, COE, CPC, CPMA, OCS, OSA, CPSS
This course will review the common mistakes made in patient charting in the ophthalmology practice. Understanding the necessary detail needed to remain compliant with medical record documentation is imperative providing good care to patients and for risk management.
Best Practices for EHR, Patient Security and Confidentiality
Chris Dean, CMHP, NCP
This course will discuss why you need to safeguard patient information and how to implement your policies and procedures. The importance of steps to safeguard patient data on EHRs and appropriate communication for patients about their data will also be discussed.
- Identify common audit risk areas in ophthalmology chart documentation.
- Describe best practices for addressing common audit risk areas.
- Identify steps to safeguard patient data on EHRs.
- Safeguard patient information, and knowledge of why you need to implement your policies and procedures.
- Plan appropriate communication for patients about their data.
- Registration deadline for webinars is 2 p.m., Central Time, the Monday prior to the webinar presentation date. Once you have completed your webinar registration, you will receive an Order Confirmation at the email address on file. If an Order Confirmation is not received, you have not successfully registered for the webinar. A personal email address is required for registration. IJCAHPO Certification is not required to register for webinars.
- Webinars are not eligible for a refund.
- After registration has closed, all registered webinar attendees will receive an access email with login instructions, CE quiz information, and handout material links. If you do not receive an access email, check your spam and junk mail folders.
- View the webinar at your own convenience for one week (until 11:55 p.m., Central Time, the following Tuesday), unless otherwise specified.