Registration is now Closed.
Title: Assessing Fitness to Drive: Past, Present and Future
Start Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 7:30 p.m., Central Time
End Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 11:55 p.m., Central Time
Presenter: Mark Wilkinson, OD, FAAO
Level of Course:Intermediate
Credit: 1 IJCAHPO Group A CE credit
Concerns about whether an individual can drive with decreased central acuity or a reduced visual field can be a source of anxiety for all involved. Much controversy surrounding this subject. This presentation reviews how to determine who should and should not drive. New testing procedures and case examples will be reviewed.
- Review current vision standards for driving.
- Discuss contrast sensitivity testing for driving.
- Understand Useful Field of View testing/training.
- Understand the changes in visual processing that can occur with age, and their effect on safe driving.
- Review options for wayfinding while driving.
- Discuss adapted cars.
- Discuss uniform vision standards for driving.
- Registration deadline for webinars is 2 p.m., Central Time, the Monday prior to the webinar presentation date. Once you have completed your webinar registration, you will receive an Order Confirmation at the email address on file. If an Order Confirmation is not received, you have not successfully registered for the webinar. A personal email address is required for registration. IJCAHPO Certification is not required to register for webinars.
- Webinars are not eligible for a refund.
- After registration has closed, all registered webinar attendees will receive an access email with login instructions, CE quiz information, and handout material links. If you do not receive an access email, check your spam and junk mail folders.
- View the webinar at your own convenience for one week (until 11:55 p.m., Central Time, the following Tuesday), unless otherwise specified.